VI News Staff 2 years ago
VINStaff Verified #bvinews

Efforts being made to get incinerator back online by yearend- DWM Director

POCKWOOD POND, Tortola, VI- Director of the Department of Waste Management (DWM) Mr Marcus E. Solomon has said efforts are underway to get the incinerator at Pockwood Pond back online after more than a year of inactivity.

Mr Solomon and Waste Management Officer Mr Neville Allen visited the plant’s manufacturer Consutech Systems LLC in Richmond Virginia, United States earlier this month in what he said was a ‘beneficial trip’.

“It allowed us to verify the status of some outstanding contract agreements, which puts us in a better place for a positive outcome to replace the spare parts necessary to have the incinerator functional by the end of the year,” Mr Solomon said in a Government Information Service (GIS) press release on September 25, 2023.

New relationship forged with plant manufacturer

The director stated that a number of measures were initiated to allow for improved compliance in the contractual arrangement. “We have set guidelines for shipping, set new timelines, implemented a process that accounts for progress and delays as well as implementing penalties which include termination of the said contracts,” he explained.

The director added, “We are hoping that this trip has reinforced the relationship between both parties and that we both can continue to benefit from a symbiotic relationship.”

READ MORE: VIRGIN ISLANDS NEWS ONLINE

U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS WEATHER

Army, Division of Personnel, Launch PaYS Program To Guarantee Job Inte...

VI News Staff
2 years ago

South Africa to form multi-party coalition government in historic ‘new...

VI News Staff
1 year ago

DOJ Withdraws Lawsuit Against Mon Ethos After Return of Critical Evide...

VI News Staff
1 year ago

Record 13 million to sit ‘world’s toughest’ college entrance exam

VI News Staff
1 year ago

WAPA Comes Under Fire at Senate as Outages Continue

VI News Staff
3 years ago